Heritage Preservation Committee
From the Archives is provided by the Heritage Preservation Committee, which has been established to preserve and display items, artifacts and documents from our Orthodox faith, Holy Trinity’s history and the Greek community in Charlotte. Three projects fall within the scope of this committee:
- Treasures of our Orthodox Christian Faith is a display of items and artifacts from our Orthodox faith. The room is used as an education center by Holy Trinity’s education departments, such as the Sunday School, Greek School and Preschool and includes displays and information on Orthodox Iconography, the Sacraments of the Church, the Divine Liturgy, Church History, the 12 Great Feasts, Great Lent and Easter, Theology and more.
- The Icon Project involves the preservation and display of a collection of icons donated to Holy Trinity by Dr. and Mrs. Francis Robicsek.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral Archives helps preserve, catalogue and display archival photographs, documents and memorabilia from Holy Trinity’s rich history and the Greek community in Charlotte dating back to 1923.
Hellenic Dance Program
Hellenic Dance Program Mission: To pass on to the next generations the precious and rich heritage of traditional Greek song and dance, which express the history, joy and pure celebration of life’s events. Our program aims to promote fellowship and a shared love and appreciation for this history.
- Registration for the Yiasou Festival three weeks in April. For one child $5:00. For more children of the same family the fee is $10.00 total. Practices begin in June.
- Registration for HDF is takes place in November. The fee is $40.00 for each participating child. Practices begin in November. The event takes place over Martin Luther King Weekend.