Our Mission is to become faithful followers of Christ and thus active Greek Orthodox Christians by accepting and submitting to the Will of our Lord so that we may realize salvation and enter into the Kingdom of God.
With the Grace of God, to provide a loving and caring Community where all belong to Christ, through worship, sacramental life, everyday spiritual discipline, sanctification, education, witness and fellowship.
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral was established in 1923. At that time, the Charlotte Greeks were served intermittently by itinerant priests who performed liturgies and sacraments in rented civic halls and in Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church. Based on the memories of older parishioners, the first church services were at a building at the corner of 5th and North Tryon, on the 2nd floor, in the Chamber of Commerce auditorium on W. 4th St., and in a building on East Trade Street. The first church owned by the community was Westminster Presbyterian on South Boulevard. Early baptisms were held in homes using a washtub decorated with crepe paper. The current location of the Cathedral at 600 East Boulevard, occupying an entire city block, was purchased with the down payment made by the Marathon Chapter #2 Order of AHEPA. The Cathedral was built in 1954 and the Hellenic Center completed in 1967.
The Father “C” Hall and related facilities are owned and operated as an integral part of the ministries of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, and are subject to the traditions, dogmas and Holy Canons of the Greek Orthodox Faith. We reserve the right to reject any request for the use of any such facilities. In addition, any uses that violate any applicable laws, ordinances, regulations or statutes are expressly prohibited.
Cathedral and Courtyard Renovation
The book “The Torn Veil” by Gulshan Esther or «Το Σκισμένο Πέπλο» is a book that Metropolitan Alexios spoke of in his sermon during a recent visit here at Holy Trinity Cathedral.